I am an advocate of getting a good education, to graduate and get a degree. I dream of one day getting one for the sole reason that it’s something to be proud of. But sad to say, I may not be able to do it the soonest as I wanted it to be.
I have long accepted the fact that it was my fault by not doing good at school, of financial constraint that my parents cannot afford to bring 4 kids to college at the same time.
And truth be told, not getting a diploma did not hinder me to pursue certain things in my life:
- I was the first guy to become an internet attendant to one of the biggest internet shop in Dumaguete
- I applied as an agent but was hired as a recruitment coordinator in a top call center
- Got promoted thrice for my first call center job as a recruitment specialist, sourcing coordinator and then a marketing specialist
- Currently the national director for Generations Project, a motivational speaker and missions mobilizer
- Working now as a Senior Sourcing Coordinator for the biggest BPO company in the Philippines, the 2nd in the entire world.
Where am I getting?
I just want to say that we live in an imperfect world filled with a lot of broken dreams, of unspoken passion and failures. But we can still stand up, we can still move forward. We can use those failures to build ourselves a better life.
But building a better life is just the first step.
We need to build other lives as well. It doesn’t just stop as trying to finish college, work or even have a family. And I bet some of you will think that its been overwhelming for these things and why try to add more things to do?
Yes, we need to. I strongly believe that I wouldn’t be here if that someone didn’t share the gospel to me when I was 13 years old or a time wherein my relatives abroad helped out with my tuition or when an opportunity to speak in public because my pastors allowed me to.
No, I’m not bragging but this is part of my testimony – and it can also be yours, you just have to determine how and why you’ll do it.
Because I do it to honor the Lord, my one true King.
And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. – Colossians 3:17